Our client is one of the country’s leaders in the construction, refurbishment and maintenance sectors. Throughout their many years of operation, the company have won numerous awards for their innovative approach to project design and delivery.
Owing to a marked increase in business activity, they are seeking to appoint an FM Assistant who will be working on a wide variety of facilities management projects across the Northwest region.
The Assistant Facilities Manager Role
Reporting to the head of department, your role will include the following:
– preparing documents to put out tenders for contractors
– project management and supervising and coordinating the work of contractors
– investigating availability and suitability of options for new premises
– calculating and comparing costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money
– planning for future development in line with strategic business objectives; managing and leading change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities
– directing, coordinating and planning essential central services such as reception, security, maintenance, mail, archiving, cleaning, catering, waste disposal and recycling
– ensuring the building meets health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation
– planning best allocation and utilisation of space and resources for new buildings, or re-organising current premises
– checking that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily
To qualify for this position the successful Assistant Facilities Manager Role, the company are seeking an experienced individual who is either educated to degree level in engineering or construction disciplines. Experience of working on hard and soft services facilities management projects would be a distinct advantage.
Why Apply for this Assistant Facilities Manager Role?
This role is being offered on a permanent basis to someone who is driven and ambitious, and in return for the competencies above, my client is offering a generous package with excellent career prospects and the opportunity to work for one of the market leading construction, refurbishment and maintenance organisations.