One of the country’s leading Social Housing Contractors who are highly renowned for their employee culture and the happiness levels of their staff is looking to add to their commercial team thanks the upturn in the market. They are looking for an experienced Commercial Admin / Financial Admin to join their team in the newly established Wigan office. You will be required to work out of the Liverpool office until April at the latest when the new office will be opened.
Working closely with the commercial and financial team it will be your overall duty to ensure that the teams are running in sync and you have a good grasp on the subcontractors, payments, expenses and a variety of other financial matters and where they are up to.
Your duties as a Commercial Admin / Financial Admin will include but are not limited to;
* Managing everything relating to sub-contract payments and ensuring all payments are processed in a timely manner
* Valuation tracking, cross checking cash reports, expenses, processing cheque requisitions etc.
* Assisting with a mixture of paperwork relating to contracts, supplier quotations and purchase orders among others
* Uploading various documents to the company database to ensure funding is achieved and is compliant
* Liaise with commercial and finance departments cross checking all information
* Raise and send invoices when necessary
* Updating the fixed asset register
* Assist with processing and taking payments for certain services
* Provide purchase order and subcontract order assistance to the commercial team
To qualify for the position you must have:
* Strong financial/book keeping experience, including carrying out reconciliation and control activities
* Proactive approach to improving controls and making processes more effective and efficient
* Financial, book keeping or similar qualifications would be a huge advantage
* Experience working in the construction sector is preferred and would put you ahead of other applicants
Why apply for this Commercial Admin / Financial Admin role?
This is a permanent role working for a market leading company and in return for the correct skills, the company offer superb career advancement along with some excellent company benefits.