Ionic are presently undertaking a search on behalf of a very well established (50 Years +) Civil Engineering and Groundworks contractor who are looking to appoint a Graduate/Trainee Estimator.
Since the business was established they have successfully delivered a wide range of projects and can boast an extensive list of many of the Northwest’s most prestigious and well recognised construction projects.
Working as a Graduate/Trainee Estimator, you will be required to work alongside the Chief Estimator and to undertake the following duties;
– Undertake the preparation and processing of quotations, bids and tenders
– Prepare accurate Nett estimate of project cost including adopting a proactive approach to value engineering
– Identify and manage all relevant risks & opportunity
– Keep up to date with the latest construction techniques and Building Regulations.
– Assist in the development of the procurement programme
– Prepare cash flow forecasts for designated projects
– Liaise with the Client, their Consultants, Subcontractors, Suppliers, and Operational Offices to establish the project specification, preliminary requirements, risk provision and exclusions
– Ensure all contract documentation is representative of offer and reports, cost data and supporting information is accurate and made available at the appropriate time
In return for these skills, they will offer you the chance to work on a broad scope of projects, thus ensuring the role will never become repetitive.
They also offer the chance to work in a friendly, team based environment where training and development of their employees is a key agenda point for them.
The position also comes with a highly competitive salary, car or allowance and superb benefits package.