Ionic are presently undertaking a search for an experienced Quantity Surveyor/Estimator to join a well-established, market leading construction company in Manchester. The company operate at all levels within the construction sector and deliver projects ranging from £250k – £20m in value.
Throughout their years of successful operation, they have won numerous awards for their build quality and are viewed as the ‘contractor of choice’.
Owing to a marked increase in projects within their specialist painting division, they are seeking an experienced Quantity Surveyor/Estimator to join their growing team.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for carrying out the following duties;
– Dealing with project costings; having a sound working knowledge of the project
– Provide statistics and additional surveying information for client meetings.
– Place subcontractor orders in accordance with the main contract.
– Produce site records for account payments, cost reports, and materials.
– Monitor and ensure full payment is received for work claimed and certified.
– Liaise with client representatives
– Measure works for allocated sections of the projects for final accounts, including recording agreements with subcontractors
To qualify for this exciting opportunity, the company are seeking an experienced Quantity Surveyor/Estimator who has a proven track record of producing estimates, specifically for painting projects.
You will also have a keen eye for detail and will be fully IT conversant. Experience of using any estimating packages such as Conquest would also be highly advantageous.
In return for these skills, the company offer superb career progression and the chance to join a specialist division that has plans in place to treble their turnover within the next two years.
They are also firmly committed to the training and development of their employees and this is reflected in their low levels of staff turnover.