We’re presently undertaking a recruitment assignment on behalf of a very well established, South Manchester based Construction company that has a strong specialism in the construction of office blocks and new build housing.
Owing to major expansion across the business; coupled with the commencement of several large scale projects, they are looking to appoint an experienced SHE/ Health and Safety Advisor
Reporting to the SHEQ Manager, the successful individual will be required to provide detailed Health and Safety advice and guidance to the business and to also ensure all relevant policies and procedures are current and up to date.
Other key duties include;
– Maintain close liaison with the HSE and other external bodies Assist with site inspections and audits to assess the safety standards are maintained and a consistent approach is adopted across the Company
– Assist with the maintenance of accident statistics, analyse trends and propose and take remedial action where necessary
– Maintain up to date, accurate and appropriate health, safety and environmental records and documentation
– Assist with the application for and maintenance of appropriate health, safety, and environmental awards to enhance the Company’s commercial prospects
– Assist with the provision of health, safety and environmental documentation at pre-tender stage
– Maintain an up to date professional knowledge of legislative changes, reviewing all relevant policies, procedures, and standard documentation.
– Communicating these to the wider business.
To qualify for this exciting and varied opportunity, the company are seeking an experienced SHE/ Health and Safety Advisor that has detailed knowledge of undertaking a similar role within the construction sector.
They will also have strong knowledge of health and safety legislation and best practice and competent technical knowledge of construction and other building processes, equipment and plant. Good IT and communication skills are also a pre-requisite.
In return for these skills, the company offer the chance to join an expanding organisation that is firmly committed to the training and development of its employees. This is reflected in their low levels of staff turnover and long serving team.