Ionic are presently undertaking a search for an experienced Land Manager to join a well-established, regionally focused housebuilder, who are based in the Warrington region. The company are passionate about building high quality homes, across some of the Northwest’s most desired locations; ranging from homes for first time buyers through to detached family homes.
The Strategic Land/Land Manager role
Reporting to the Land Director you will be responsible for the acquisition of immediate and strategic land to secure new sites for development. You will also see acquisitions through the legal process and attain satisfactory planning approvals on acquired sites.
Key Duties of the role include;
– To research and attend seminars, conferences and events to keep fully informed of the current and key issues affecting land acquisitions and its principle.
– Liaise with legal representatives and advise on the legal status of developments
– Brief design teams, external consultants and internal departments to ensure the successful delivery of planning on sites
– Provide detailed land bids, that demonstrate the company’s requirement in respect of profitability that is met
– Draw to the attention of the Group Land Director any issues which may affect existing or future obligations
– Negotiate on behalf of the company and in conjunction with the Group Land Director, planning agreements that meet the company’s requirements in respect of forecast profit
– Demonstrate that site acquisition terms concur with agreed and authorised land bids
– Negotiate and prepare the legal documentation associated with land acquisitions
– Ensuring planning is delivered within time, budget and within any other obligations, if applicable
Skills & Experience Required
– Educated to degree level in a related discipline
-Evidence of creating and maintaining relationships with land owners/agents in the Northwest region and a possess good knowledge of the area
– Commercially astute
– Good communication and negotiation skills
– Team player
– Up to date knowledge of land acquisition legislation
What’s in it for you?
My client offer an excellent package consisting of a generous salary, company car or car allowance, bonus and any additional benefits including pension, healthcare, life assurance, etc. This is an opportunity to join a growing that has achieved record levels of sustained growth over a number of years.