- Family owned building contractor who have developed the resources, expertise and experience to successfully undertake a number of construction projects
- As a result of their success they are currently seeking a Quantity Surveyor to work on their construction projects as they work on a number of these including Housing, Health & Education, Commercial & Leisure, Ecclesiastical & Heritage
- Meeting clients to determine their needs and discuss any areas that need revising for price or feasibility
- Calculating material quantities and costs, labour costs and an achievable project timeframe
- Negotiating labour contracts and schedules
- Advising clients and crew on legal matters and disputes
- Monitoring subcontractors, safety practices, construction progress and material needs, including any changes which may impact costs
- Preparing labour and supplier accounts for payment
- Writing reports detailing costs and progress for clients
- Analysing plans, bills of quantities and other project documentation in order to estimate costs
- Researching, sourcing, negotiating and obtaining the best prices and quotes from suppliers and subcontractors.
Qualifications and experience
- You will have been within in the role working on a variety of projects and currently looking for a long-term permanent position with a great company
- Quantity Surveyor / estimating experience
- Minimum of 5-years experience within construction
- Relevant qualifications in Quantity Surveying
- Self-motivated and an ability to work cooperatively as part of a team
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills
How to apply?
- If you’re interested please call Emma Twigg on 07951 445 519, send an e-mail to Emma at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online
By submitting your job application to Ionic Recruitment, you are hereby giving us your consent to use your personal data for recruitment purposes detailed in the GDPR Policy Document.
This can be viewed at: https://ionic.jobs/privacy-policy/