A national contactor, with offices based in the North West, are actively looking for an experienced Site Manager due to an additional tender being awarded to them for the financial year from one of their existing clients in Manchester. This is a large programme working across 5 high rise buildings to replace all the external cladding to meet FIRAS regulations.
This is currently a 12-month programme and requires someone for a 12-month fixed term contract. This could potentially lead to a permanent position however at this stage it cannot be guaranteed.
As a North West based contractor, this company support within several areas of the construction industry including; social housing, planned maintenance, new build affordable housing and more small schemes within general construction for refurbishment. As a large contractor with a heavy presence in the industry, this contactor can offer you a strong career within the industry as this company continue to go from strength to strength with performance, growth, target hitting and new schemes starting.
You will work directly with an experienced Contracts Manager and 3 existing Site Managers within the business to deliver the programme on time and within budget. The scheme is due to start in April, therefore this contractor is looking to interview and appoint a Site Manager immediately.
As an experienced Site Manager, some duties will include:
- The management, co-ordination and delivery of the project, operatives, subcontractors, materials and for ensuring that it runs to the agreed timescales.
- Monitoring team performance for both direct and subcontractor employees
- Production of weekly reports against forecast
- Provide a safe working environment by adhering to the correct health and safety procedures.
- What you need to succeed
- To be a successful Site Manager within this role, you will have a strong background in social housing refurbishment, in particular working on high rise tower blocks. You will have experience with both the external cladding and EWI. As an experienced Site Manager you will have proven experience of running schemes from start to finish on time and budget.
To qualify for this position the successful Site Manager must possess the following:
- First Aid
- CSCS Card
- External Cladding Replacement experience
- Asbestos Awareness/ Scaffold Inspection – advantage but not essential
- Trade background or relevant degree qualifications (Or equivalent)
The Important Details
This is a 12-month fixed term contract for an experienced Site Manager based in the North West. The role will be to start 1st April at the latest. You will be employed directly by the contractor on a 12-month contract. Please send apply below or send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org