- An established contractor specialising in fire safety and electrical services throughout the UK are actively looking to recruit a Fire Operations Manager on a permanent basis to start on a project due to continuous growth and securing a new large scale M&E upgrade
- They are looking to appoint a Project Manager with experience of working in occupied high rise social housing blocks managing multiple trades
- The project includes M&E upgrades to 7 x high rise blocks including new fire alarms, lighting, PA systems, boosted cold water system, Automatic Opening Vents (AOVs) and associated builders works. The project is due to run for a period of 18 months
- This is a great opportunity for a permanent role with a strong pipeline of similar sized projects in the North West following completion
- Managing all aspects of the project from mobilisation through to handover
- Planning, organising and delivering project with zero defects, on-time and in budget whilst always striving to achieve customer satisfaction
- Assist with design, lead the procurement process, and assist with surveying, oversee installations and commissioning processes.
- Manage and Co-ordinate – Quality inspections / Residents Engagement Sessions
- Contract & Project planning – setting out workflow targets to ensure completion dates are met
- Lead project team consisting of Site Manager, H&S, Resident Liaison Officer and Project Controller
- Liaising closely with the Company’s finance department to ensure that jobs are invoiced in a timely manner and that applications for payment are submitted when necessary
- Agreeing commercial terms, valuation processes and payment dates with suppliers and subcontractors
- Interim valuations to client covering all works complete to date
- Ensuring all variations or formally quoted, agreed by client and invoiced correctly
- Maintaining and building strong professional relationships with the client representatives – surveyors, building managers and design teams.
- Provide leadership, assistance and technical advice to a team of Electrical & Fire engineers to ensure contractual commitments are met and exceeded
- Managing direct staff and specialist subcontractors on site
- Oversee Health and Safety, site engineering staff and both supervisory staff / Sub Contractors
- Organising and collating paperwork including, Working Drawings & Handovers Packs taking client briefing notes, submitting schedule of works
Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent computer literacy with experience of data input and word processing skills
- Electrical and Fire Alarm Knowledge –Minimum requirements 18th Edition, Inspection and testing 2391/2 or equivalent. FIA units 1, 2 & 3 (desirable)
- Experience of working with site based operatives
- Strong organisational skills with attention to detail
- To be able to work following specific instructions
- A good team player, who is capable of working under pressure with a high level of personal integrity
- Strong communication skills
How to apply?
- For further details or to apply for this position please forward an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org highlighting suitable experience, or call Emma Twigg on 07951 445519 for more information
By submitting your job application to Ionic Recruitment, you are hereby giving us your consent to use your personal data for recruitment purposes detailed in the GDPR Policy Document.
This can be viewed at: https://ionic.jobs/privacy-policy/